Whether you are a year old, have a few months between studies or are just looking for a new adventure – have you considered a Canada work holiday?
Does the idea of going to work and traveling Canada for a few months sound like something you would be ready for?
That makes it safe for us!
Canada is home to some of the most beautiful, jaw-dropping landscapes in the world, not to mention the incredible wildlife (anyone seen a bear before?), Some beautiful epic cities to explore and many adventures to experience.
No one leaves Canada the same. Its dizzying natural beauty, sheer scale and adventurous outdoor activities leave you breathless. And it’s the perfect destination to explore on a working holiday!
What is a work holiday?
The words ‘work holiday’ do not usually go together, do they? I mean, if you work, is it really a vacation?
The idea of a work holiday is to go to work in another country. It involves get a local job for a few months to help you finance your travels around the country. Many people are looking for short-term jobs in multiple regions as a way to explore this country in depth.
Working vacations should have an adventure, try new things, explore new destinations and make new friends around the world.
Like Global work & travelhelps organizations set up everything you need for your work vacation. From securing job interviews with local businesses for you to helping you get your Canada work visa, transfers and accommodations, local experiences, a Canadian local bank account & mobile number and so much more.
How To Make A Work Vacation In Canada?
If you sign up with Global Work & Travel’s work package for Canada, their expert team takes care of all the necessary details for you. Going this route means you arrive in Canada with confidence and know exactly what next steps you need to take on your journey (which means you get more time to plan adventures!).
Global Work & Travel’s Canadian Work Vacation Package includes:
- Guaranteed pre-arrival interview earns from $ 11 CAD per hour (this helps as many companies do not hire travelers)
- Unlimited extra interviews (for when you want to go to another destination)
- Dedicated tour coordinator
- Work Visa Guide in Canada
- Personal Travel Concierge (a dedicated concierge for planning your flights, insurance or other additions to planning your trip)
- Private airport shuttle
- 4 nights with hostel stay in downtown Vancouver
- “Welcome to Canada” group orientation
- Local life necessities (including Canadian SIM, help setting up a local bank account and social security number)
- Vancouver sightseeing tour
- Vancouver Lookout Pass
- Day trip to Whistler
- Overnight in Las Vegas
- Permanent accommodation support
- Tax return assistance
- Ongoing support from our local team
- 24/7 global emergency line
- gWorld access
- Marketplace deals
To qualify, you must be between 18-35 years old, be a citizen of a qualified country and have no criminal record for the last five years.
How to get a work visa from Canada
Citizens of Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Austria, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden or Switzerland are eligible for the International Experience Canada (IEC) visa.
Here are the Canadian visa work holiday requirements:
- You must be between 18 and 30 years old (inclusive) – except Australian, New Zealand, Danish, French, German, Irish, Italian, Norwegian, Swiss citizens up to 35 (inclusive).
- You must attend a personal biometric point at specific locations to complete your visa application.
- Provide $ 2,500 AUD proof to obtain visa at time of visa application.
- You will not be accompanied by dependent children.
- You have comprehensive travel insurance throughout your stay it may be necessary for you to provide proof of this insurance when you enter Canada.
At present (June 2021), only IEC participants have one Entrance gate for entry letter and a valid job offer is eligible to travel to Canada right now. You should also be able to start your job as soon as you have completed your quarantine. Check the start date of your job offer before you travel.
You can check the most up-to-date visa information for Canada on vacation here. The team at Global Work & Travel provides visa guidance.
How Much Does a Work Vacation in Canada Cost?
Work Holiday Canada Tours with Global Work & Travel start at $ 2,594 and include what was listed above.
Additional costs include your flights, travel insurance, visas, criminal background checks, souvenirs and use of money.
Types of Work Vacation Canada Jobs
You will find lots of seasonal jobs in Canada! Typical work holiday jobs include waitress, job as a ski instructor, fruit picking, hotel or resort jobs and travel guides. Most seasonal jobs do not require any previous experience, which means you can explore something completely out of your career path for a few months.
Global Work & Travel works with over 1,200 host organizations worldwide – which means you have a wide range of options.
In Canada, some of their most popular work vacations include:
- Being a forester in Yoho National Park (just outside Banff).
- To be a kayak and riding guide in Clearwater (a town near Kamloops in BC).
- To be the wedding and event coordinator, social media manager and ax-throwing instructor in Agassiz (about 100,000 out of Vancouver).
They also have positions for photographers, bartenders by the pool, ziplining guides, white water rafting drivers, whale watching guides, bear sighting travel guides, fishing trip travel guides. There is pretty much something for everyone!
Working Holiday Canada Review
Here’s what one of the participants in Global Work & Travel’s work holiday in Canada has to say about her experience.
“Moving to Canada with the help and trust of Global Work & Travel has been the best thing I have ever done.
The new experiences and personal growth have been invaluable. From hiking in Garibaldi Lake to learning to snowboard, seeing real moose in my backyard and making friends and connections, I want to take with me wherever I am.
I’ve had the best year of the trip and can’t wait to see where my next adventure takes me. Thanks to the Global team for your help!”- Helena Peters, Working Vacation in Canada
A work holiday in Canada will help you find your purpose, discover yourself and go home and know what you want to do with your life. Sometimes we have to step out of our comfort zone and do something completely different for a few months to get more clarity in our lives. Plus, it’s a fun way to spend a few months!
So are you ready to brave the Canadian desert and live out your fantasies during your work vacation?
Get in touch with Global Work & Travel now to kickstart the process!