Memphis @ New York
Current Records: Memphis 26-23; New York 25-27
What to know
The Memphis Grizzlies are on their way again Friday and play the New York Knicks at 6 p.m. 19.30 ET ril 9 in Madison Square Garden. Memphis should still be doing well after a win, while New York will look at straightening the ship.
Although it was no landslide, the competition between the Grizzlies and Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday was still quite crucial as Memphis beat it up with a 131-113 win on the road. Memphis’ shooting guard Grayson Allen was one of the team’s most active players, picking up 30 points. Allen’s performance marked a slower game against the Miami Heat on Tuesday. Allen’s points were the most he’s had all season.
Meanwhile, it was a tough match, but New York had to settle for a 101-99 loss against the Boston Celtics on Wednesday. Despite the defeat, New York got a solid performance out of shooting guard RJ Barrett, who shot 6-for-6 from downtown and finished with 29 points and five boards.
Grizzlies are expected to win a tough competition if there are no summers. They are currently six against six against the spread in their latest game, a trendbettors might want to take into account.
Memphis is now 26-23, while the Knicks sit at 25-27. A few stats to keep in mind while watching: Memphis enters the matchup with the most steals per game. Match in the league at 9.55. But New York enters the matchup with only 6.8 steals reported per game. Match on average, good for fourth best in the league. Ball control can end up being an important factor in this.
This is how you look
- When: Friday at 19.30 ET
- Where: Madison Square Garden – New York, New York
- TV: NBATV
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. There may be regional restrictions).
- Follow: CBS Sports s
The Grizzlies are, according to the latest, a small 1.5-point favorite against the Knicks NBA odds.
The bookmakers were just in line with the betting community on this when the game opened as a 1.5-point spread and stayed right there.
Over / Under: -110
History of the series
Memphis have won six out of their last nine games against New York.
- Jan 29, 2020 – Memphis 127 against New York 106
- 03 Feb 2019 – Memphis 96 vs. New York 84
- Nov 25, 2018 – New York 103 vs. Memphis 98
- Jan 17, 2018 – Memphis 105 vs. New York 99
- Dec 06, 2017 – New York 99 vs. Memphis 88
- r 07, 2017 – Memphis 101 vs. New York 88
- Oct 29, 2016 – New York 111 vs. Memphis 104
- Feb 5, 2016 – Memphis 91 vs. New York 85
- Jan 16, 2016 – Memphis 103 vs. New York 95