Written by Dan Whitcomb
() – The second of three women to accuse New York Governor Andrew Cuomo of sexual misconduct rejected his public ology on Thursday, a response likely to increase pressure on an infected Democrat.
Charlotte Bennett, a 25-year-old former Cuomoa aide who said the governor questioned her about her sex life with what she perceived as a sexual overtone, gave her comments in an interview broadcast by CBS News.
“It’s not an ology. It’s not a question of my feelings. It’s a question of his actions. The fact is that he sexually harassed me and didn’t apologize for the sexual harassment, and he can’t even use my name,” Bennett said.
Three women, including Bennett, have come forward to accuse Cuomo, 63, of sexual harassment or inappropriate remarks. He denied any violation of the law and undertook to cooperate with the State Attorney’s audit.
He offered a lengthy and sometimes emotional public ology on Wednesday, saying, “I feel awful about it and honestly, I’m ashamed of it.”
Lindsey Boylan, a 36-year-old former Cuoma aide who first spoke in December, said the governor’s unwanted shifts included an unwanted kiss on the lips.
Boylan, a candidate for mayor of Manhattan, also rejected the governor’s ology. “How can New Yorkers trust you to @NYGovCuomo run our state if you ‘don’t know’ when you were inappropriate with your staff?” she wrote on Twitter.
The governor, who turned down calls for his resignation that came even from prominent lawmakers of the democratic state, has also struggled in recent weeks to respond to accusations that his administration tried to reduce the number of nursing homes killed by COVID-19.
Bennett, a former executive assistant and health policy adviser, said in February that Cuomo preoccupied her with questions about her romantic life last year in what she considered an attempt at sexual intercourse with her.
A third woman said the governor had made unwanted progress and physical contact after meeting her at a 2019 wedding.