– Several countries have reported more COVID-19 cases, with more than 150,000 killed in Mexico, even as governments rush to block vaccines through deals with pharmacists and other nations.
DEATHS AND INFECTIONS
* Eikon users, see COVID-19. MacroVital https://apac1.apps.cp.thomson.com/cms/?navid=1592404098 Case observer և for news summary.
* British Prime Minister Boris John Onson said he was considering tightening border quarantine rules because of the risk of new versions “losing vaccines”.
* Over the past two days, the number of people hospitalized in COVID-19 hospital in France has increased by more than 1,000, a trend that has been observed since November 16, and since December 9, the number of patients in ICUs has exceeded 3,000 for the first time. .
* Portuguese firefighters, police և More than 50 people who already have pre-existing conditions will start vaccinating COVID-19 next week.
* The Italian government sent a formal notice to Pfizer urging the company to honor its contractual obligations to deliver COVID-19 vaccines.
* China has reported a decline in new COVID-19 infections as the number of cases severely affected by the last wave of the Koranavirus fell to single digits in both states.
* Pfizer will pursue a request for India to approve its COVID-19 vaccine if the government commits to buying shots, the US drugmaker told .
* Indonesia is set to officially surpass one million coronavirus cases on Tuesday.
* Hong Kong has officially approved the use of Fosun Pharma-BioNTech, the first COVID-19 vaccine to be approved by the Asian Financial Center.
* New Zealand may approve the COVID-19 vaccine as early as next week, said Prime Minister Jac Asinda Ardern.
* California on Monday eased strict orders at the COVID-19 home, allowing restaurants to reopen for outdoor dining and socializing.
* A laboratory examination by the Minnesota Department of Health has confirmed the first known case of COVID-19 in the United States, linked to a more contagious version of the coronavirus previously seen in Brazil.
* A group of gorillas at Safari Park in the San Diego Zoo is recovering from a COVID-19 outbreak that has injured some eight members of the group.
* The death toll in Mexico rose to 150,000 on Monday after a massive wave of infections in recent weeks.
Middle East ֆ Africa
* Turkey has received further doses of 6.5 million vaccines from China’s Sinovac Biotech.
* Russia և China has applied to Zimbabwe to supply vaccines to overcome the escalating COVID-19 outbreak due to concerns over Harare’s ability to allow personnel.
B M COMMON DE ARAGES
* Moderna says it believes its COVID-19 vaccine protects against new versions found in Britain և South Africa, although it will test a new boost against South Africa after concluding that the antibody response may be reduced.
* Drug maker Merck & Co. said it would stop developing two of its COVID-19 vaccines and focus epidemiological research on treatment.
* A British study has found that the widely used azithromycin ոք doxycycline antibiotics are generally ineffective against early-stage COVID-19.
ECONOMIC ACTIVITY I
* Asian stocks fell on Tuesday as long fears of possible $ 1.9 trillion stimulus roadblocks by the Biden administration eased mood, pushing US Treasury yields to a three-week low. [MKTS/GLOB]
* About 8.8% of global working hours were lost last year due to the epidemic, which is about four times more than in 2009. The loss of the financial crisis, but there are “early signs” of recovery, said the International Labor Organization.
(Compiled by Uttaresh.V, Aditya Soni և Bartosz Dabrowski; edited by Timothy Heritage, Sriraj Kalluvila և Arun Koyyur)