Elton John canceled his US tour after suffering a “potentially deadly” bacterial infection.
He became seriously ill at the end of a tour of South America last week and was forced to spend two nights in intensive care, his management said.
Elton John returned to the UK for emergency treatment.
Therefore, nine concerts that were to be performed in Las Vegas and California over the next two weeks were canceled.
The 70-year-old singer is already resting at home.
A statement from his management said that infections of the type suffered by the star were “rare and potentially deadly.” He did not give any other details.
“Fortunately, Elton’s medical team quickly established this and treated him successfully. He is expected to fully and completely recover. “ added the statement.
Elton John is scheduled to resume his live performance schedule in the UK on June 3.
“I am so happy to have the most amazing and loyal fans and I apologize for disappointing them. I am extremely grateful to the medical team for their perfection to see me so well. “ said the star.
Elton John Piano for millions of dollars the tour should end in May 2018.