Former FIFA Vice President and CONCACAF President Jack Warner has said he will reveal everything he knows about corruption in the world football body.
In a June 3 Trinidadian televised address, Jack Warner, who said he feared for his life, also said he could link FIFA officials to a general election in his native Trinidad and Tobago in 2010.
The 72-year-old man is one of 14 people accused by the United States of alleged corruption in FIFA.
Another senior FIFA official and key witness, American Chuck Blazer, admitted to accepting bribes.
The confessions came in a newly released transcript of Chuck Blazer’s 2013 guilty plea as part of a large-scale US criminal case involving FIFA and forcing President Sepp Blatter to resign.
The US court claims that the 14 people accrued bribery and refusals worldwide for more than $ 150 million over a period of 24 years. Four others have already been charged, including Chuck Blazer.
Jack Warner resigned from all football activities in 2011 amid allegations of bribery and later resigned as Secretary of Security of Trinidad and Tobago during a fraud investigation.
A key figure in the deepening scandal, Jack Warner said he had provided lawyers with documents outlining the links between FIFA, its funding and himself, and the 2010 elections in Trinidad and Tobago. He said the transactions included Sepp Blatter.
In the TV address with a title Gloves are offJack Warner said: “I will no longer keep secrets for those who are actively seeking to destroy the country.”
He promised an avalanche of revelations, speaking to his supporters at a rally later that day.
Jack Warner, who denies the charges against him and faces extradition to the United States, was released on bail after surrendering to police last week in the capital of Trinidad and Tobago, Port Spain.
He resigned from the FIFA executive committee in 2011 amid allegations that he had bribed his Caribbean staff.
Jack Warner’s address came hours after the details of Chuck Blazer’s 2013 deal came to light, including the acknowledgment that he and other officials had accepted bribes in connection with his 2010 World Cup bid. awarded to South Africa
On June 4, South African police said they had launched a preliminary investigation into allegations that their national football association had paid a $ 10 million bribe to host the tournament, a statement denied by authorities.