Italian divers have found the bodies of two women in the wreckage of the cruise ship Costa Concordia, which confirmed the victims of the disaster were 15.
Italian authorities say the pumping of fuel from the injured Costa Concordia could continue in tandem with the search for the remains.
Costa Concordia stormed the Tuscan coast on January 13 with 4,200 people on board.
It carries about 1.9 million liters of fuel in 13 tanks.
An Italian seagoing ship is on standby in the event of an oil spill.
The bodies of the two women were found near the internet cafe, on the fourth deck.
The women’s families have been notified, officials say.
There is still no decision on when to start pumping fuel, but the Civil Protection Agency said it will probably start in the next 24 hours.
Civil defense spokesman Franco Gabrieli told reporters at Giglio that there was no risk of the Costa Concordia falling to a lower seabed.
“We are ready to go” said an employee of the Dutch rescue company Smit.
“As soon as we get the green light, we start working.”
Rescuers must first attach steel shells to the front of the ship. They won’t want to start pumping in the dark, she says, so work is likely to begin on Tuesday.
Although there has been no leak so far, the Civil Protection Agency claims that there is contamination in the water from solvents and disinfectants that were on board the ship.
Search and rescue operations have been suspended several times due to bad weather.
Coast Guard and Navy divers blew their way into the ship’s submerged areas, using explosives to find unknown individuals.
Emergency services said on Saturday they would not end the search until the entire ship was examined.
Costa Concordia captain Francesco Shetino has been placed under house arrest while his actions are being investigated.
Francesco Shetino is accused of multiple manslaughter, causing a shipwreck and abandoning the ship before all passengers were evacuated. He denies the allegations.