The death toll from the Costa Concordia cruise ship has risen to 13 after divers found a woman’s body in the wreckage.
Italian divers from the fire service found the woman’s body on deck seven of the ship, about 10 meters below the waterline, the Italian civil protection body said.
Rescuers are still searching for 20 people believed to be missing.
The ship sank on January 13 after hitting rocks near the island of Giglio, near Tuscany.
The woman, who was now found, was wearing a life jacket, officials said. Her body is removed from the ship.
So far, only eight of the 13 bodies found have been identified.
Four of the victims were French, one Italian, one Hungarian, one Spanish and one German, officials said.
The identity of the woman whose body was found on Saturday has not yet been established, along with those of three men found earlier.
The head of the Civil Protection Agency, Franco Gabrieli, said the woman may have been a Hungarian woman who had reportedly disappeared but was not on the boarding list.
There may be more “illegal persons” on board, he said, referring to people who were not registered to be on board.
It is known that there were 4200 people on the cruise ship when it had problems.
Costa Concordia captain Francesco Shetino has been placed under house arrest while his actions are being investigated.
Francesco Shetino is accused of multiple manslaughter, causing a shipwreck and abandoning the ship before all passengers were evacuated. He denies the allegations.
Prosecutors say Francesco Shetino sailed too close to Giglio on an unauthorized course to make a “salute” – a salute to the islanders.
Italian media have released a new recording in which Captain Francesco Sketino seems to be the last to leave the ship.
In a pre-issued tape, an official is heard repeatedly ordering him to return on board.
Coast Guard and Navy divers blew their way into the ship’s submerged areas, using explosives to find unknown individuals.
Emergency services said on Saturday they would not end the search until the entire ship was examined.
The work was stopped several times due to bad weather.
Rescuers stopped searching for the sunken parts of the ship on Saturday due to severe sea conditions, but they were allowed back on Sunday.
More than 600 members of the Italian emergency services are working on the search operation.
One employee said swift action was needed to remove the fuel. An Italian seagoing ship is on standby as a precaution against oil leaks.
Although there has been no leak so far, the Civil Protection Agency claims that there is contamination in the water from solvents and disinfectants that were on board the ship.